Funny adventures: a coffee with a twist

If there's one thing both my aunty and I both love it's a good coffee. We were out one afternoon at around three on the other side of town. We still had things to do over that way so with little choice available I decided to try a little cafe I have passed hundreds of times in the years I have lived here. I was pretty pleased with myself getting a spot in the tiny car park so was feeling quite confident about going in. But really as soon as we walked in we should have realised we were in the wrong place. We spent a very awkward hour in a cafe for people with DOGS!

OMG! my aunty is not a pet person and I like my food served well away from furry friends. It was a few minutes before we cottoned on and unfortunately we had already secured a table and spoken to the cafe owner. We didn't feel we could leave! The place was packed. There were dogs of all shapes and sizes, including a large retriever and a fully grown labrador. It took forever for our order to arrive (it probably seemed much longer since we were so obviously fish out of water) but I am happy to say it was worth the wait.

Cherry Cafe Izumisano Caramel Chiffon Cake

I doubt that I will ever go to the cafe again, unless Little Guy gets his wish of a puppy for his birthday. But check out this cake, it was to die for.

 

We definitely got our money's worth that day: a great coffee, delicious cake AND a story to remember for years!

 

2 comments:

  1. Not a dog person myself, kind of cool if you are a dog owner, though I wouldn't choose to go there either. Never heard of a dog owners cafe before, are they common in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say for sure if they are popular but I suspect not as I found a photo of the chef being interviewed for a TV or newspaper report. Must have been news when it opened!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.